The FSS reserves the right to adjust these COVID-19 policies as necessary, adding, changing, or removing requirements, for the safety of participants and effective teaching of its in-person workshops.
Please read the following COVID-19 safety protocols carefully to make sure you can meet them. Protocols are based on the latest U.S. CDC guidance on risks and behaviors. The FSS policies are intended to keep people attending our workshops as safe as we can, while still going forward with our work.
FSS VACCINATION POLICY: Participants and faculty are required to be fully vaccinated to attend FSS in-person two-day workshops in 2022. A booster, while not required for the two-day workshops, is highly recommended.* Note: FSS faculty are independent contractors and some may require a booster for attendance at their workshops. The FSS vaccination/booster policy will be reviewed as the COVID situation changes. Waiver/proof of vaccination required during registration.
ESSENTIALS FOR THE MEETING
- Required to bring: Covid masks, at least one for each day of the training, or a high-quality reusable mask. (See A4).
- Recommended, if non-local/traveling from a distance: Bring at least 3 rapid (home) Covid tests with you. (See A5)
- Recommended: A “Mindfold” or other eye mask that blocks all light, yet permits eyes to be kept open. (See A6)
- If traveling from a distance, have a plan: If you become symptomatic or test positive during the training, you will need to leave the workshop. Consider hotels and accommodations if you need to isolate/quarantine. (See A8)
A. PREPARING FOR THE MEETING
Here is what you will need and what to do before the meeting. For the safety of group members, please follow all recommendations responsibly.
- Get vaccinated. (Booster highly recommended but not required, unless faculty member requires it for their workshops.)
- Check the CDC Covid website regarding Covid safety and risks.
- Check Travel Links (domestic and international), and follow the recommendations. Out of respect for all participants, please wear a mask and take extra precautions to avoid infection while traveling.
- Bring a Covid mask for each day of the training, or a high-quality reusable mask. Depending on risk levels and the instructor’s risk assessment, students may or may not be required to wear a mask during the sessions. In any case, if you wish to wear a mask at any time, you may do so. Mask recommendations; role of face masks; when to wear a mask; disposable masks; reusable masks.
- Recommended if non-local/traveling from a distance: Bring at least 3 rapid Covid tests with you, in case you need to test yourself. About home test results.
- Recommended: Please bring a “Mindfold” with you – this special eye covering will permit us to do practices requiring a dark environment – where all light is blocked, yet eyes can remain open underneath the mask – while still maintaining adequate ventilation. Available via FSS, Amazon, and other retailers.
- Suggested: Hand sanitizer and/or sanitizing wipes.
- Have a plan should you need to isolate/quarantine during or after the session. If you become symptomatic, you will have to leave the workshop. If you don’t live locally, consider nearby hotels.
Download detailed FSS COVID-19 SAFETY POLICIES for in-person two-day workshops with links to additional information.
*Full vaccination plus booster is required at this time for FSS in-person residential programs (Two Week Intensive, Three Year Program, Harner Shamanic Counseling).
17th West Coast Three Year Program of Advanced Initiations in Shamanism & Shamanic Healing
Starts May 15-20, 2022
taught by Amanda Foulger
San Francisco Bay Area
Originated by Michael Harner and based upon his decades of research and experimentation, this course is the most advanced training in shamanism and shamanic healing offered by the Foundation. It is widely considered as unparalleled in the world. It involves intensive extended training in progressively higher levels of very advanced shamanism, including initiations into rare and little-known practices and principles.
In this residential program, the same group of participants meets for a week twice a year (usually May and October) for three years, with practical assignments between meetings. The program is devoted to the objective of advancing the participants’ knowledge and practice as far as possible during the three years.
The training will be held at a special meeting space in the redwoods near Santa Cruz (Soquel). It has a peaceful and welcoming atmosphere with a very accommodating staff, ideal for our spiritual work. It is conveniently located about 40 minutes from San Jose International Airport, next to a state park, with abundant redwoods, oaks, a large meadow, and many hiking trails.
MORE ABOUT THE TRAINING, DISCOUNTS, PREREQUISITES…
West Coast Two Week Shamanic Healing Intensive, March 13-24 2022, Soquel, California (San Francisco Bay area). This life-changing course will be taught by Amanda Foulger.
Originated by Michael Harner, this intensive training in advanced core shamanism is described by former participants as “amazing,” “transformative,” “life-changing,” and “the most important experience of my life.” A variety of advanced methods are practiced in this residential program, including extraction healing, power soul retrieval training, psychopomp work, divination, and work with the spirits of nature. There will also be work that is not included in FSS weekend workshops, such as selected advanced healing methods, the dream dance, explorations, and initiatory experiences.
The West and East Coast Two Week Intensives are the centerpiece annual programs of the Foundation and the best preparation for the Three Year Programs. Enrollment is limited and early application is recommended. To assure a place in the program, please return your application promptly; acceptance will be according to priority received.
East Coast Two Week Shamanic Healing Intensive, October 17 – 28, 2021, Madison, Virginia. This life-changing course will be taught by Nan Moss and assisted by Elaine Egidio.
Originated by Michael Harner, this intensive training in advanced core shamanism is described by former participants as “amazing,” “transformative,” “life-changing,” and “the most important experience of my life.” A variety of advanced methods are practiced in this residential program, including extraction healing, power (core) soul retrieval training, psychopomp work, divination, and work with the spirits of nature. There will also be work that is not included in FSS weekend workshops, such as selected advanced healing methods, the dream dance, explorations, and initiatory experiences.
The West and East Coast Two Week Intensives are the centerpiece annual programs of the Foundation and the best preparation for the Three-Year Programs. Enrollment is limited and early application is recommended. To assure a place in the program, please return your application promptly; acceptance will be according to priority received.
More about the Two Week Intensive…
The FSS is pleased to announce a new workshop, Shamanism for Inspired Local & Global Change. In these challenging times, shamanic work, when combined with ordinary reality knowledge and action, can make an immense contribution toward effective long-term solutions for community and global problems. This workshop offers practical methods to gain and apply wisdom from the spirits to resolve persistent problems facing humanity, our precious Earth, and its inhabitants.
“For years, many of us had been discussing our desire to learn how to use Shamanic practices to help heal the planet. What the workshop presented so well was an ethical framework for how I can proceed.”
“The many journeys to and with my helping spirits allowed me to focus on possible solutions, some of which came to me after the workshop ended. The workshop gave me the luxury of time and focus for an issue I care about deeply and reminded me to connect more frequently with my helping spirits. I had forgotten how much I love to do so and how much help they are.”
“This workshop helped me to recognize some of my barriers to making a difference in this time and offered tools/practices to engage my spirits in my daily work. I often feel that I cannot make a difference. The workshop showed me to journey more, connect with my spirits more, engage all elements with heart and compassion It is freeing and simple.”
Shamanism for Inspired Local and Global Change, was offered for the first time in the San Francisco Bay Area in April 2019. See student comments above. FSS Faculty are in training now to offer this transformative method throughout the USA and Canada. Details, and workshop schedule. NOW online: Shamanism for Inspired Local and Global Change (online): https://shamanism.org/workshops/calendar.php?Wkshp_ID=44.
FSS President Susan Mokelke was invited to teach Shamanism for Inspired Local and Global Change in Ohlstadt, Germany, to participants and FSS Europe faculty members. In September 2019, a large group of participants from various European countries successfully completed the training. In the coming year, Roland Urban, Director of FSS Europe, plans to train the faculty there to teach this method to students throughout Europe.