This online workshop will provide students with advanced FSS training the chance to review and practice the fundamental core shamanic healing methods in a session with a participant-client. Those who are beginning a shamanic healing practice, as well as seasoned practitioners seeking to increase their proficiency, can benefit from this training.
The workshop includes:
What students say:
- General parameters of a shamanic healing session, as well as important ethical considerations.
- Review and practice of the primary methods, as taught in the in-person weekend workshops and the Online Shamanic Healing series: extraction healing, power animal retrieval, psychopomp work, and power soul retrieval.
- The opportunity to "put it all together" by applying multiple core shamanic healing methods in a solo session for another participant in the role of the client.
- Discussion, Q&A, and information exchange afterwards with other shamanic practitioners to clarify the methods and address issues that may arise during a healing session.
"This workshop felt like a culmination of everything learned in previous classes. I felt that I had more flexibility and more tools at my disposal to use in direct response to a client's needs. Though it was the equivalent of a final exam in the healing program, the number of healings I received have surely changed me. In other words, they were effective. This is not a sandbox, this is real and powerful."
This online training taught by FSS faculty members is offered via Zoom video conferencing. Participants will see and hear each other and interact in pairs and small groups, as well as in the full circle. (All students must participate with audio and video and access the meeting through their own individual device.) Instructions for Zoom and workshop access will be provided by the instructor after registration. The course consists of 14 hours of training. Faculty members may teach the workshop in 3.5-hour sessions or one-day and 3.5 hour combinations.
"The final class itself was a bit intense - final note-taking, giving and receiving treatments, Q&As with some very helpful discussions and opportunities to practice, practice, practice. I came away feeling empowered and excited about my future as a new shamanic practitioner."
"Filling, fulfilling and very hands-on! It really helped to put everything learned in the other workshops together! As always, I appreciate the experiential focus of the FSS workshops in general and this one felt experiential and spacious at the same time. The review of the teachings and practices, the exchanges and the peer-to-peer learning and debriefs helped build my skills and confidence."
Participants must be able to successfully journey in the Upper, Lower, and Middle Worlds, and have a strong relationship with a Power Animal and/or Teacher from the Upper or Lower Worlds.
NOTE: The Two Week Shamanic Healing Intensive may be substituted for the prerequisites below.
A. The Basic Workshop: The Way of the Shaman (in-person workshop)
B. OR, The following online workshops:
- AND Shamanism, Dying, and Beyond (in person)
- AND Shamanic Extraction Healing Training (in person)
- AND Power Soul Retrieval Training (in person)
- The Shamanic Journey: Pathway to Knowledge & Power
- AND Shamanic Divination in Practice
- AND Shamanism, Spirits, & Healing (available online only)
- AND The Shamanic Worldview: Everything is Alive (available online only)
- AND The Shaman As Psychopomp OR Shamanism, Dying, and Beyond (in person)
- AND Shamanic Extraction Healing Method OR Shamanic Extraction Healing Training (in person)
- AND Power Soul Retrieval Method OR Power Soul Retrieval Training (in person)
- AND Inspired Shamanic Practice OR Shamanism in Practice (in person)
NOTE: This online workshop is designed exclusively for people who want to bring shamanic healing work into their practice with others. The training is not designed for people looking for personal healing.
14 FSS Continuing Education (CE) Credits available. Completion of the entire workshop (14 hours) is required for credit.
FOR THE MEETING. Please have handy a notebook/pen for notes, a rattle (required), a drum (optional), and an eye covering (bandana or Mindfold) to block ambient light. Before the workshop, select a private location where you are unlikely to be disturbed to facilitate your experience and that of the group participants. Consider a comfortable chair or place to sit or lie down for journeys. Many Zoom users find that headphones or ear buds provide an enhanced listening experience. NOTE: The use of a laptop/desktop computer, or at minimum a tablet, is recommended for this workshop. A smart phone screen is too small for effectively viewing the client during the direct healing practices. AC power is suggested, or a fully charged battery that can last a minimum of 3.5 hours. Please download the latest version of the Zoom app the day of the workshop so you can fully participate. Zoom participant instructions and audio/video settings. ADDITIONAL NEEDS for the healing practices will be provided by the instructor after registration.
REGISTRATION. Please see the calendar listings below to find a workshop. FSS faculty members are independent contractors and register their own workshops. For registration details, please contact the instructor for the workshop you wish to attend.
Member Tuition Discount. Members of the Circle of the Foundation will receive $20 off of tuition for this workshop. Discount will be applied by the faculty member during registration. Not a member? Join us.
Electronic recording of audio, video, and images is not permitted during the workshop.
Find Core Shamanism Healing Practice (online) in Your Area
The workshops calendar is updated frequently with additional offerings. If this workshop is not currently being offered in your area, check back again soon or check for other workshops now being offered in your area.
How to Get Started (PDF)
In-Person Workshops Index
FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES
All Foundation workshops and training programs are offered for teaching purposes only and not for healing or treating any student or participant for any physical or mental condition or illness.
All FSS workshops and training courses are copyrighted and were originated, researched, and developed by Michael Harner (except as otherwise noted).