Workshop Tuition Discounts for FSS Members
(Revised September 2017*)
In appreciation of our membership, in addition to the 10% discount on items purchased from FSS shamanic store online, various tuition discounts are also available to foster your study of shamanism. Details are set forth below. If you have questions about your qualification for a specific discount, please contact us.
- Weekend Workshop Discounts for Sponsoring and Council Members
- Two Week Intensive Discount for Council Members
- Weekend Workshop "Invite a Friend" Tuition Discounts for all Circle Members
Not a Member of the Circle?
TUITION DISCOUNTS FOR MEMBERS
Weekend Workshop Discounts for Sponsoring and Council Members
Sponsoring and Council Members receive a 10% tuition discount on two FSS weekend (two-day) workshops in the USA and Canada. Discount must be used within one year of the start date of your membership. For example, if you renew or join March 1, you will have until March 1 of the following year to use the discount. Workshop prerequisites must be met.
To receive the discount, obtain additional information, get fees and/or locations for any workshop, contact the person/sponsor (see Note1) listed under "CONTACT" in the workshop schedule. The FSS does not register weekend workshops.
Typically, the way the discount works for weekends is:
Note1: If the FSS workshop is being sponsored by an organization such as a training center or other type of educational institution, contact the FSS faculty member about the discount, not the sponsoring organization.
- Contact the registration person (often the FSS faculty member) for the specific workshop listed on the FSS website and let them know that you are a Sponsoring or Council member entitled to a 10% tuition discount;
- Register for the workshop and pay the full tuition amount;
- Upon completion of the workshop, request your 10% tuition rebate directly from the FSS faculty member who taught the workshop.
Two Week Intensive Discount for Council Members
Council Members receive a 10% tuition discount (rebate) for the Two Week Shamanic Healing Intensive. The discount must be used within one year of the start date of your membership. For example, if you renew or join March 1, you will have until March 1 of the following year to use the discount.
To obtain the discount:
- Note that you are a Council member on your application;
- If accepted, pay full tuition and fees, plus room and board;
- Upon completion of the Two Week program, send an email to the FSS at firstname.lastname@example.org requesting the 10% Council member tuition discount for attending the Two Week program;
- The FSS will send you a rebate of 10% of the program tuition (does not include fees or room and board).
Weekend Workshop "Invite a Friend" Tuition Discounts for all Circle Members
The "Invite a Friend" program provides substantial tuition discounts on advanced weekend workshops to FSS Circle Members who invite others to attend the FSS Basic Workshop: The Way of the Shaman®. This is a way of making it possible for FSS members to continue their shamanic training economically by receiving credits to apply toward tuition for advanced weekend workshops. Members who participate also help to introduce the power and effectiveness of shamanism and shamanic healing to a broader audience.
Generally, for every person invited by you who attends the Basic Workshop, you will receive a $50 credit you may apply toward taking any FSS advanced weekend workshop. For every three friends you invite who attend the Basic Workshop, you will receive a maximum of $150 in credit to apply to an advanced weekend workshop. Invite three additional friends, and apply $150 toward a second advanced weekend workshop, and so on.
To qualify for the "Invite a Friend" tuition discounts:
DOWNLOAD STEP-BY-STEP INFORMATION-INSTRUCTIONS for the Weekend Workshop "Invite a Friend" Tuition Discount Program. Instructions include link to request tuition credit slip.
- You must be a member of the Circle of the Foundation when you begin inviting friends.
- You must have completed the FSS Basic Workshop: The Way of the Shaman® before your invited friends.
- You must meet the necessary prerequisite(s) to enroll in the advanced weekend workshop.
- You must qualify for discounts in the current membership year. A membership year runs from November 1 through October 31. Thus, friends you invite must complete the Basic Workshop no later than October 31 of the current membership year.
* TERMS. 1. Discounts apply only to FSS workshops taken in the USA and Canada. 2. The FSS reserves the right to change the specifics of these discounts as necessary at its sole discretion. In the case of such changes, previous discounts offered, which have already been accepted by a member as indicated by having submitted an application for a program or workshop, will be honored. "Invite a Friend" tuition credits already earned may still be applied to advanced weekend workshops as specified in the terms of the program; credits are non-transferrable. 3. The workshop tuition discounts above may not be used in conjunction with the 50% tuition discount for Native Americans on federally recognized tribal rolls.
GETTING STARTED GUIDE (PDF)
ADVANCED WEEKEND WORKSHOPS:
ADVANCED 5-DAY & LONGER WORKSHOPS:
SPECIAL FIVE-DAY TRAINING COURSE:
Important Workshop Information
To register, obtain additional information, get fees and/or locations for any workshop, contact the person or organization listed in the schedule. The Foundation does not typically register participants for its courses and will refer you to the workshop contact for registration, fees and additional information.
The Basic Workshop - The Way of the Shaman® is the prerequisite for all advanced workshops and trainings. You must complete the Basic Workshop with an authorized FSS Faculty Member before registering for any advanced workshop.
FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES
All Foundation workshops and training programs are offered for teaching purposes only and not for healing or treating any student or participant for any physical or mental condition or illness.
All FSS workshops and training courses are copyrighted and were originated, researched, and developed by Michael Harner (except as otherwise noted).
CERTIFICATES OF COMPLETION
Certificates of Completion are available for FSS training. Check requirements or request a certificate:
FSS Europa. For workshops throughout Europe in many languages, including German, French, Italian, and English, visit FSS Europa: www.shamanicstudies.net.
Talleres y Programas de la Fundación de Estudios Chamánicos de Michael Harner en España: www.formacionchamanica.com.
Workshops in Japan
Workshops in Asia