FSS Member Workshop Tuition Discounts
(Revised October 15, 2014*)
In appreciation of our membership, in addition to the 10% discount on items purchased from FSS shamanic store online, various tuition discounts are also available to foster your study of shamanism. Details are set forth below. If you have questions about your qualification for a specific discount, please email us.
- Weekend Workshop Discounts for Sponsoring and Council Members
- Two Week Intensive Discount for Council Members
- 2015 West Coast Two Week Shamanic Healing Intensive "Bring a Friend" Tuition Discount for Sponsoring and Council Members
Not a Member of the Circle?
TUITION DISCOUNTS FOR MEMBERS
Weekend Workshop Discounts for Sponsoring and Council Members
Sponsoring and Council Members receive a 10% tuition discount on two FSS weekend (two-day) workshops in the USA and Canada. Discount must be used within one year of the start date of your membership. For example, if you renew or join May 1, 2015, you will have until May 1, 2016 to use the discount. Workshop prerequisites must be met.
To receive the discount, obtain additional information, get fees and/or locations for any workshop, contact the person or organization (see Note1) listed in the workshop schedule. The FSS does not register weekend workshops.
Typically, the way the discount works for weekends is:
Note1: If the FSS workshop is being sponsored by an organization such as a training center or other type of educational institution, contact the FSS faculty member about the discount, not the sponsoring organization.
- Contact the registration person (often the FSS faculty member) for the specific workshop listed on the FSS website and let them know that you are a Sponsoring or Council member entitled to a 10% tuition discount;
- Register for the workshop and pay the full tuition amount;
- Upon completion of the workshop, request your 10% tuition rebate directly from the FSS faculty member who taught the workshop.
Two Week Intensive Discount for Council Members
Council Members receive a 10% tuition discount (rebate; see Note2) for the Two Week Shamanic Healing Intensive. The discount must be used within one year of the start date of your membership. For example, if you renew or join May 1, 2015, you will have until May 1, 2016 to use the discount.
To obtain the discount:
Note2: This discount cannot be used in conjunction with the "Bring a Friend" Two Week Intensive discount listed in item 3 below.
- Note that you are a Council member on your application;
- If accepted, pay full tuition and fees, plus room and board;
- Upon completion of the Two Week program, send an email to the FSS at firstname.lastname@example.org requesting the 10% Council member tuition discount for attending the Two Week program;
- The FSS will send you a rebate of 10% of the program tuition (does not include fees or room and board). Contact Michael Flanagin, Registrar: email@example.com.
2015 West Coast Two Week Shamanic Healing Intensive "Bring a Friend" Tuition Discount for Sponsoring and Council Members
The Foundation is offering a 50% tuition discount (rebate; see Note3) to graduates of the Two Week Shamanic Healing Intensive who wish to repeat the program on the West Coast in 2015 (with Amanda Foulger, May 31-June 11, 2015, San Francisco Bay Area, California).
* The FSS reserves the right to change the specifics of these discounts as necessary. In the case of such changes, previous discounts offered, which have already been accepted by a member as indicated by having submitted an application for a program or workshop, will be honored.
To qualify for the 50% tuition discount:
To receive the 50% tuition discount:
- You must be a graduate of an FSS Two Week Shamanic Healing Intensive.
- You must be a current FSS Sponsoring or Council member (membership valid through June 11, 2015).
Note3: You must pay the full tuition and overhead fees, plus your room and board at the retreat center, according to the schedule provided by the registrar. Once the program is completed you will receive a 50% tuition rebate upon email request sent to the FSS at firstname.lastname@example.org. For registration information, contact Michael Flanagin, Registrar, at email@example.com.
- Invite a friend who has not yet taken the Two Week Intensive to attend the 2015 West Coast Intensive. Your friend must complete the Basic Workshop: The Way of the Shaman in order to apply. Your friend pays the regular tuition, including fees, room and board.
- If your friend is accepted into the program and attends, and you are accepted into the program you will receive a 50% tuition rebate when you have completed the program (see Note3).
ADVANCED WEEKEND WORKSHOPS:
ADVANCED 5-DAY & LONGER WORKSHOPS:
SPECIAL FIVE-DAY TRAINING COURSE:
Important Workshop Information
To register, obtain additional information, get fees and/or locations for any workshop, contact the person or organization listed in the schedule. The Foundation does not typically register participants for its courses and will refer you to the workshop contact for registration, fees and additional information.
The Basic Workshop - The Way of the Shaman® is the prerequisite for all advanced workshops and trainings. You must complete the Basic Workshop with an authorized FSS Faculty Member before registering for any advanced workshop.
FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES
All Foundation workshops and training programs are offered for teaching purposes only and not for healing or treating any student or participant for any physical or mental condition or illness.
All FSS workshops and training courses are copyrighted and were originated, researched, and developed by Michael Harner (except as otherwise noted).
CERTIFICATES OF COMPLETION
Certificates of Completion are available for FSS training. Check requirements or request a certificate:
Workshops in Other Languages
FSS Europa. For workshops in German, French, Italian, and other languages, visit FSS Europa: www.shamanicstudies.net.
Talleres y Programas de la Fundación de Estudios Chamánicos de Michael Harner en España: www.formacionchamanica.com.
Workshops in Japan
Workshops in Asia